This is by far one of my families favorites side dishes. It is soooo simple and can totally be make ahead of time and stored in the fridge until your ready to bake it. So here it goes.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 sticks of margarine or butter
- Salt and Pepper
- A good amount of potatoes. (this will vary depending on how many people your feeding) Peeled and sliced in half first and then into about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 1 medium sized onion cut into thin slices
- Place sliced potatoes into a baking dish.
- Cover with the sliced onions.
Cut butter into 1/2 in slices and lay on top of the sliced potatoes and onions.
Sprinkle your salt and pepper and any other random seasoning you think would make it taste great! I sometimes add a little garlic powder or cloves.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 mins @350F
Now I must give credit where credit is due. I got this recipe from my cousin Shawnacee Moore who has an amazing story and blog of her own. She is an incredible mother and wife. You will love the way she writes her story of love, romance, heartbreak, tragedy, and humor.
Her blog can be found at www.mommadooright.blogspot.com